Leave my char where he is, he's home!
100%
Transfer your character to a RP PvE server
No votes
Transfer your character to a Pure PvE server
No votes
Transfer your character to a Pure PvP server
No votes
Transfer your character to one of the two "New Start" Servers.
No votes

Total votes : 2

RE: CHARACTER TRANSFER OPTIONS - PLZ READ

Postby FA_Frey_XC » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:50 am

Okay, so if you haven't heard, Age of Conan will be consolidating servers after / around January 2009. This is wildly regarded as a good move, as this will reduce their overhead costs or allow them to pool addition servers / resources into more managed platforms, resulting in a better experience for those consolidated servers.

What does this mean for us?

Well, since we're on a RP PvP server, that means the only other server we could be merged with is Corenthia, another RP PvP Server. That's going to be pretty painless, methinks, as the guild city will get moved, or stay if Corenthia is merged with us. After the move, I'll handle any naming issues that may come up - if you experience anything, let me know here or shoot me a PM and I'll handle it for you.

This thread is more about choices. They're also giving everyone a choice to do a transfer of characters from one server to another.

So if you wanted to play on a RP PvE server instead of a RP PvP server, you could. Understand also if we moved the entire GUILD (which is possible) to another server, we'd loose our current guild city. We'd likely be able to sell it and recoup some of the costs, but that a choice we've got to make...that's what this thread is about.

So post your thoughts here, and we'll as a guild decide what we're going to do.

Regards,
CEO, XenoCorp® Inc.
Director Fleet Activities.
fafrey@xenocorp.net

GAMESPY CALLSIGN:
FA_Frey_XC
FA_Frey_XC
XC HQ Alpha Admin

Re: RE: CHARACTER TRANSFER OPTIONS - PLZ READ

Postby FA_Frey_XC » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:00 am

In my opinion I don't think we need to move anywhere.

Corenthia and Aquilonia have some great RP'ers, although it's been told that Corenthia has more hardcore RP'ers than Aquilonia... however, that will be water over the dam as it is once the server merger has been completed.

Yes, a pure PvP server is sometimes a major pain in my ass, but more often than not it's a tense, challenging time of playing. I like that.

So my vote is that, unless a majority of the guild votes for moving, I'm sticking with Aquilonia and the RP PvP server we've called home since day one.

Regards,
CEO, XenoCorp® Inc.
Director Fleet Activities.
fafrey@xenocorp.net

GAMESPY CALLSIGN:
FA_Frey_XC
FA_Frey_XC
XC HQ Alpha Admin

Re: RE: CHARACTER TRANSFER OPTIONS - PLZ READ

Postby FCM_SFHQ_XC » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:19 am

My thoughts:
Stay where we are.
We've invested too much money, and resources into the city.
The place were on is a good balance of PvP and PvE. Want PvE go on during the night, go on during the day for PvP(or MINE).
If were only getting 100-150 gold out of a city that should be worth thousands, definetly no to selling the city. That is silly to sell for that ammt.
Im having plenty of fun where we are currently.
I say we just stay with the server merge flow on this one.
Starfleet Headquarters Out
Squadron Commodore, Xenocorp. ISC Fleet.
FCM_SFHQ_XC
XC FDF Fleet Commodore

Return to Age of Conan : [OOC] General