=/\= tips and tricks

Moderators: FA_Frey_XC, FCM_SFHQ_XC, stoneyface

=/\= tips and tricks

Postby stoneyface » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:06 pm

so i wanted to share some insight into the game with some tips and tricks i use in hellgate global.

first off is the marketplace.
there are always good deals to be had. you just have to know what you want and check often!
this is why i encourage you all to make a wish list so you know what you want. and i also recommend that you post your wishlist here so your guildmates know what you are looking for and can save stuff for you. :)

so, check the market often. everytime you go to station, check the market, everytime you are waiting for a guildmember, check the market. check it often. the more you check, the more you improve your odds of finding a good deal.

check your characters class, then select armor, unique and leave the levels blank. then check all the results for what you are looking for.
next check under weapons for your class with the same settings and go thru the results.
i like to check the mods frequently as well which is under "misc"

next, the debate on disassemblers vs selling everything can be see in the chat channels often. i will tell you what i do and why. i like to use the auto-disassemblers and select everything less than rare (green and below) to be automatically broken down. then i go and identify and sell all the rares. then i check the legendaries for good items vs the worthless legendaries. i do NOT sell legendaries. i feel that they just don't sell for a enough from the vendors, so anything not good enough to keep or sell on the marketplace, i break down for the components and nanoshards! anything with high luck rating (say above 50-55 or so) or anything with plus to all attributes sell very well. anything with luck AND +aa is worth lots of palladium!

now, anything that you are going to sell on the marketplace or are considering selling on the marketplace should be looked up and see what they are worth. then take the items that can make you some good money and sell them for just under the lowest price. now this is an old trick from mmo's all over the place but you would be surprised on how many people do not check prices before listing. you can find some major steals this way. but by checking prices before selling you can almost guarantee to make some good money by just undercutting the lowest value.

run with a group and run in nightmare mode only. you will get better and more frequent drops in nightmare mode. i also run high high luck gear. you would be amazed on how much difference it makes to run luck gear. i would also say that it seems that anything about 400 is the sweet spot. then again at 600 and anything above 600 should be icing on the cake. so between having high luck on all armor (+65 is the max on any one piece of armor) and then running guns or tools (depending on class) for additional luck you can find people running 900+ luck sometimes!

so take these tricks and hopefully you can make hellgate: global that much more fun for you. :)

good luck guild mates!

stoneyfaceXC
this is Black Ops. comin' at ya in secret and in black
stoneyface
XenoCorp® Standard Member

Re: =/\= tips and tricks

Postby stoneyface » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:15 am

i would also mention that you should pay attention to global chat. sometimes you can really luck into some things if you jump on it right away and message them fast. :)

be honorable, trade fairly and everything is awesome. be wary tho, there are already rumblings of bad traders, so be careful.
:) with that said. go forth and play!

stoneyfaceXC
stoneyface

Re: =/\= tips and tricks

Postby stoneyface » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 pm

alright here is another.

use your shout from daily to ask for items. and then pay what you want. watch out for obnoxious high prices... don't get taken.. be carelful :)

peace
stoneyface

Return to XenoCorp Hellgate