Website-First draft

This is the General XC Forum. Talk here about anything and everything, but keep it light!

Moderator: FA_Frey_XC

Website-First draft

Postby [GZ]Whoo » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:06 pm

http://www.gzleagues.com/xeno/

Just a concept, if you like it I can build off of it...
Competition isn't a hobby, it's our nature.
[GZ]Whoo
XenoCorp® Newbie Member

Postby [GZ]Whoo » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:12 pm

Keep in mind I was trying to maintain your current format, but that can be changed as well, not surey what you have in mind so I am kind of winging it here :)
[GZ]Whoo
XenoCorp® Newbie Member

Postby FA_Frey_XC » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:03 am

Okay, here's my feedback:

1. This is pretty slick and I know the graphics would be redone (aka not placeholders). I love the frameless setup, but I'd also like something smooth and corporate like, while still maintaining the Trek / SFC style.

One thing I've asked, pleaded, and begged over the last year and a half / three individuals that had said they would do the webs previously (:P) was to have a skinable SFC section where the user could click on a section of the main XC emblem (the one that is there now on the main SFC page) that had the specific racial icon on it and the entire site "morphed" into a end user interface that represented that race - i.e. a Federation squadron member clicks on the Federation icon in the main XC emblem, and the whole site changes to a Federation Style Skin. Many have said this would be no problems with Cascade style sheets, etc, but I dunno.

2. I would really like a "expanding" style menu where hovering over the Main section / division would expand the menu items. However this can be done , I'd like to see YOUR take on it :D

3. Corporate mentality - I'd like to have "banner ads" that are for fictional commercials or products by XC. Corbomite had a great set of "commercials" going before he lost connection. Check out his sig in Taldren's forums.

4. I'd like you to do something as YOU would see the XC site. Nothing spectacular, just how you would do it if you had no worries about my opinions.... ;)

I am really looking forward to this, Bro - thank you for doing this for us !
CEO, XenoCorp® Inc.
Director Fleet Activities.
fafrey@xenocorp.net

GAMESPY CALLSIGN:
FA_Frey_XC
FA_Frey_XC
XC HQ Alpha Admin

Postby [GZ]Whoo » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:06 am

One thing I've asked, pleaded, and begged over the last year and a half / three individuals that had said they would do the webs previously () was to have a skinable SFC section where the user could click on a section of the main XC emblem (the one that is there now on the main SFC page) that had the specific racial icon on it and the entire site "morphed" into a end user interface that represented that race - i.e. a Federation squadron member clicks on the Federation icon in the main XC emblem, and the whole site changes to a Federation Style Skin. Many have said this would be no problems with Cascade style sheets, etc, but I dunno.

Now your talking code.
Basically what you would have to do is setup variables for each element that you want to change.
It can be done, and I have done it but its not a quick task by a longshot. You would also either have to have SQL or some form of database setup for it, run ASP ect ect...
If your sure you want to go that route.

CSS wont produce the effects you want in any great detail, which is why you probably havent seen it yet.

2. I would really like a "expanding" style menu where hovering over the Main section / division would expand the menu items. However this can be done , I'd like to see YOUR take on it

XML (not very good at it) or flash can be used, however you would probably want reduce some of these links and add them in on other web pages.

3. Corporate mentality - I'd like to have "banner ads" that are for fictional commercials or products by XC. Corbomite had a great set of "commercials" going before he lost connection. Check out his sig in Taldren's forums.

Again, if your looking for rotating banner ads you can adjust, your talking code, or flash and the flash would have to be edited by hand and uploaded.

4. I'd like you to do something as YOU would see the XC site. Nothing spectacular, just how you would do it if you had no worries about my opinions....

Quit trying to pawn it off on me :p I am here to produce what YOU want to see XC as. :)
[GZ]Whoo
XenoCorp® Newbie Member

Return to XenoCorp General